<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, April 10, 2004

I duck out for dinner and the White House goes and declassifies something. I could have sworn I was on the mailing list...

At any rate, I think what most folks are missing on first blush with the August 6th PDB is the context -- namely, that this document follows months of and months of George Tenet hammering al Qaeda into Bush's brain, and months and months of heightened alert statuses.

Think about it. What would your response have been if you were told that the group you were warned about all summer was actively engaged in "suspicious activity in this country consistent with preparations for hijackings or other types of attacks, including recent surveillance of federal buildings in New York."?

I know mine wouldn't have been to simply sit on my ass and wait.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?