<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, April 22, 2004

I've stumbled upon a bit of a puzzle.

Bob Dreyfuss' latest post contains the single scariest quote I've yet seen about Fallujah:

"We have the potential to turn this into the Alamo if we get it wrong." Those prophetic words were spoken by a senior U.S. military officer to a reporter for The New York Times.


The only problem is, the NYT article he then links to doesn't contain the quote.

So: Is Dreyfuss quoting a different source? (I can't find a record of it, if the source is public.) Did he simply make it up? Or did the Times yank the quote from the article after Dreyfuss had already blogged it?

UPDATE: Mystery solved (thanks to Zodiac over at Kos) -- Dreyfuss just linked to the wrong article, and I didn't get a hit on it when I Googled. Here's the correct NYT piece.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?