<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, August 31, 2004

I'm not going to bother backtracking for everything I missed while Blogger was being a little beeyotch, but this:

The president who has campaigned for months as the candidate who can win the war on terror said in an interview broadcast Monday that he doesn't think such a war ever could be won.

"I don't think you can win it," Bush said in the interview on NBC's Today show. "But I think you can create conditions so that those who use terror as a tool are less acceptable in parts of the world."


cannot be allowed to slide down the memory hole.

Yes, I've heard Scottie Mac's explanation. It doesn't matter. This isn't some cute little Bushism. This is Bush doing exactly what the Pubs claim Kerry does -- being flip-floppy and nuanced.

I voted for the $87 billion before I voted against it.

We will win the war on terror, even though I don't think we can win it.

There's no difference.

I can't wait for the Kerry campaign ad. I see something like:

A montage of Bush clips, from right after 9/11 on: "We will win this war because we are good and right and just and God loves us."

Black screen.

Clip from Fox, with date (August 28, 2004). "I don't think you can win it." Fade out.

Tagline: "Don't you deserve a president who believes in America?"

"I'm John Kerry, and you bet your ass I approved this message."

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?